- What are Micro-services? : Micro services is a form of service-oriented architecture style wherein applications are built as a collection of different smaller services rather than one whole app. The concept of micro-services is fueled by the need to develop apps faster, be more resilient and offer a great experience for the customer.
- Monoliths Vs Micro-services: Most of us know how difficult it is to manage complex Monolith enterprise systems. It needs deep understanding of how any one small change will affect the entire system. New developers spend months learning the system code base before they can even begin to work on it. Even the most knowledgeable of development teams is fearful of making changes or adding new code that would disrupt operation in some unforeseen way. The concept of micro services is fueled by the need to develop apps faster, make required changes easily, be more resilient and offer a great experience to the customer.
- Transformation journey from Monoliths to Micro services – MS Architecture, Principles, Benefits & Challenges, Implementation Paradigms.
- Sizing Micro services using IFPUG Function point and SNAP
Identifying Application Boundary
Function Points & SNAP Sizing Approach
Examples & Summary
- Bench marking for MS projects (Productivity, Quality & Cost Analysis).
- Micro services and Function Points – the road ahead.
Saurabh Saxena has 14 years of experience in Software Sizing measurement & Estimations using Function Point Analysis. Certified Function Point Specialist (IFPUG – CFPS) & Project Management Professional (PMI – PMP), he is a Chairperson of IFPUG International Membership Committee and official Function Point Country Representative for India. He is an active member of IFPUG Non-Functional Sizing Standards Committee – Contributor to the latest IFPUG SNAP counting manuals & guidelines and active member of IFPUG Certification & Education Committee. He has successfully established Function Point based Productivity, Estimation, Quality and Cost processes for major Telecom, Banking & Insurance clients. He is an author of several published whitepapers on Software Sizing, apart from Mentoring & Coaching several associates, imparted 50+ Function Point Analysis & SNAP trainings.
Kiran Yeole is a Certified Function Points Specialist & Certified SNAP Practitioner from IFPUG. He has overall 15 Years of IT experience. Currently working with Amdocs from last 6 years and Leading various FP based engagements for Amdocs customers on estimations and measurements.
Kiran conducted 50+ FP/SNAP trainings across Amdocs internal & Amdocs customers and involved in Statistical analysis on productivity, quality and other SW KPIs. Leading various process improvement programs using Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen.