IFPUG and the Netherlands Software Metrics Users Association (NESMA) are very pleased to announce the signature of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) that will promote the technical cooperation between the associations.
The agreement born out of IFPUG and NESMA recognizing that they share specific objectives and expresses their intention to join forces to meet their shared objectives.
The associations agree to cooperate in overlapping areas of their domains of expertise, as well as mutually endorse the following sizing standards:
- ISO/IEC 14143-1:2007 Information technology — Software measurement — Functional size measurement.
- ISO/IEC 20926:2009 (R2019) Software and systems engineering — Software measurement — IFPUG functional size measurement method 2009.
ISO/IEC 24570:2018 Software engineering — NESMA functional size measurement method — Definitions and counting guidelines for the application of function point analysis.
The main goals of the cooperation between can be summarized as follows:
- To share and develop content in the area of software metrics and measurement.
- To create usable results for sharing with international software measurement community on how to use their sizing standards in different methods or environment.
- To facilitate professional networking opportunities between their memberships.
- To jointly develop and promote educational activities in the area of software sizing, metrics and measurement.
IFPUG and NESMA believe that the entire measurement community will be benefit through this agreement, since it will enable the common expression of individual experiences and thoughts brought from both associations´ experts.
Congratulations to Alexander Vermeulen, NESMA Practice leader of Sizing and Cost Drivers, and Sergio Brigido, IFPUG Director of Partnerships, Communication and Events for their hard work and resilience in making the agreement come to life!
Charles Wesolowski – IFPUG President
Eric van der Vliet – NESMA President