Practical Knowledge to Apply in Your Company
Stay Up to Date with the Latest Information from Metrics Experts Around the World
MetricViews is the publication from IFPUG tailored by metric experts around the world. The experts share advice for as well as the benefits and best practices of using metrics.
IFPUG publishes two issues of MetricViews annually.
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date with the latest information.
Submit complete articles to the IFPUG’s Communications & Marketing Committee to [email protected]. Articles should not exceed more than 2,000 words. All articles will require the following:
- Author bio (approximately 125 words, including certifications such as CFPS or CFPP)
- Author headshot / photos
- All graphs/pictures included in the article (must be high quality)
- Authorization to publish the article (if the intellectual property is or could be owned by your employer, for example)
Easily submit an article for the next issue of MetricViews using the following form:
Why: The purpose of these changes is to reduce the cycle time for each edition and to sustain the high quality of internationally diverse articles for our IFPUG members.
What: IFPUG, through the CMC, is updating the “call” and “publication” guidance related to our semi-annual publication MetricViews. We anticipate a 30-day window between the “call” for articles and the submission of articles. We will no longer be seeking drafts or abstracts. Candidate articles submitted within the 30-day timeframe should be:
- Your original work to which you have all the rights (or written permission to copy and share) to text, graphs, pictures. You will retain these non-exclusive rights co-shared with IFPUG for perpetuity (IFPUG may publish and re-publish in any media form at any time for as long as IFPUG desires).
- Generally within the size and word range in the “call for articles”
- Relevant to a substantial portion of our membership
- Not inconsistent with IFPUG published standards
- Respectful of IFPUG’s international membership
- Reviewed by an objective peer for content relevance and clarity of expression as well as spelling, grammar, and punctuation before submission. We recommend the use of a tool such as Grammarly for all of these except content relevance; a knowledgeable peer is highly recommended.
Who: If you are an author:
- Submit your candidate article before the “call for articles” deadline consistent with the What bullets above.
- Collaborate with your Editorial Review Board member in a responsive and timely fashion consistent with the published deadline for completion. Keep in mind that candidate articles should not require extensive updating if the “What bullets” are followed.
- Recognize that articles may be returned for re-write with potential publishing in the future depending on the quality and the quantity of articles submitted.
- Provide improvement feedback to the Editor.
IFPUG’s MetricViews is our biannual publication that spreads the importance of software sizing and metrics to the world. The publication is distributed via email, hosted permanently on the IFPUG website and promoted regular through our social media channels. This a great opportunity to promote your brand to a global audience of function point users. Advertisements are placed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Secure your spot today!
Download the Sponsorship Prospectus for Advertising Opportunities: