All IFPUG Members,
First, I want to announce our Annual Meeting will occur on October 4th, 2021. You will be provided with information on how to attend the virtual meeting soon.
As the Chair of the 2021 IFPUG Nominating Committee, I ask each of you to consider nominating a qualified member to serve on the IFPUG Board of Directors. We are seeking four (4) exceptional candidates for two (2) Board of Directors openings. Terms will commence November 1, 2021.
Submit your nomination of candidates for the IFPUG Board of Directors to the IFPUG email address [email protected] or by mail/fax to be received by the IFPUG Office no later than August 5th, 2021. In order to submit a nomination, you and the candidate must be current IFPUG members according to Article XVI – Miscellaneous – of the Bylaws, so please clearly indicate your name and contact information together with the nominee’s name and contact information.
Download the Nomination Form
When providing a nomination, please first ensure that you have received the permission of the candidate. All nominees must meet the eligibility requirements specified in the IFPUG Bylaws (see below). The Nominating Committee will review all nominations received and will formulate an election slate no later than August 26th, 2021. A summary of the election key dates follows.
IFPUG Board Election Schedule
|July 6||Call for nominations mailed by IFPUG Office|
|August 5||Nominations due to IFPUG Office|
|August 26||Ballots e-mailed to membership (paper ballot available upon request)|
|September 27||Ballots and selections due to IFPUG Office by close of business (6 PM, US Eastern Daylight Time). Ballots may only be cast by (then) current voting members.|
|October 4||Election results will be presented at the 2021 Annual Meeting.|
The IFPUG Bylaws specify that:
A call for nominations form for the IFPUG Board shall be mailed to IFPUG members at least ninety (90) days prior to the Annual Meeting. The nomination form must be completed and received at the IFPUG Office via postal mail, fax, or email at least sixty (60) days prior to the Annual Meeting. Persons wishing to serve on the IFPUG Board must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Addendum A of the Bylaws which, specifies the IFPUG Nomination Requirements:
All nominees for positions on the IFPUG Board of Directors shall meet all of the following requirements:
- Must be nominated by a current IFPUG member.
- Must be one of the following:
- a current IFPUG individual member,
- an employee of a current IFPUG corporate member,
- an IFPUG voting contact of an Affiliate I,
- a current IFPUG individual or corporate member who is also a member of an Affiliate II, or
- a current IFPUG individual or corporate member who is also a member of an Affiliate Chapter;
- Must have served in one of the following volunteer capacities for a period of at least one year out of the past three:
- Established IFPUG Committee,
- IFPUG Task Force,
- IFPUG Board of Directors, or
- Board of Directors appointed assignment;
- (Note this ensures Board members will have knowledge of committee operations.)
- Because the operational language of IFPUG is English, nominees must be functionally literate in English.
- Must be ready, willing and able to commit to the travel and leadership responsibilities of serving on the Board, including attendance at Board meetings, and Board conference calls.
- Must be able to commit to the timely completion of assignments as a part of the IFPUG Board, and fully endorse and adhere to IFPUG’s committee guidelines as a member of the Board.
- Must be committed to the mission and goals of IFPUG and willing to endorse the latest release of the IFPUG CPM as the preferred method of functional sizing.
- Must sign an affirmation of IFPUG’s charter and By-Laws, and copyright agreement.
These requirements apply to all write-in candidates, nominations sent to the Nominating Committee, or Nominating Committee recommended candidates running for the IFPUG Board.
For informational purposes the Nominating Committee wants to share a clarification to the options for campaigning for the Board of Directors.
The following options will be supported by IFPUG:
- Standard picture and short bio (150 words) will be placed on the IFPUG web page (election page) in random order linked to a section where a free form biography can be included. Random placement of the short bio will help ensure all candidates get exposure and that names earlier in the alphabet do not have an unfair advantage.
- A ballot will include the standard picture and short bio.
- Augmented Bio for the web, no limit. These larger biographies will be linked to from the short bio, but will also be in alphabetical order in case they are accessed outside of the embedded links. Each candidate may have one additional augmented bio posted on the website in a language of their choice (the candidate must provide his/her own translated augmented bio).
- Create a separate Bulletin Board area for the candidates to interact with voters (uncivil interactions will be taken down and possibly banned from the Bulletin Board).
Candidates are not required to utilize any of these options. IFPUG will not provide mailing lists to any candidate(s). Each candidate can and should leverage their networks and/or use their own email or contact list.
Other tactics, outside IFPUG’s sphere of influence unless they violate IFPUG’s ethics statements or the law of the localities they are performed in, are allowed but not supported with IFPUG resources.
IFPUG will post the following disclaimer on the IFPUG website.
“IFPUG endeavors to accurately post all candidates Bio data without editing or comment. If there are errors we will correct them as soon as possible after we are notified. Errors in the data, unless malicious, will not be considered as grounds to change the election rules or results.”
Chair, IFPUG Nominating Committee, IFPUG Immediate Past President
Nominating Committee Members:
Charles Wesolowski, IFPUG Vice President
Bonnie Brown, IFPUG Member At-Large